Tuesday, 1 January 2013
The Thing About Meat
Meat doesn’t travel. Meat should be eaten straight away. Meat shouldn’t be frozen to keep it safe on the drive, stored in an esky for a day, defrosted and then eaten a week later. I’ve learned this now, because I spent last night with a wretched headache and finally, well, emptying my stomach the fast way. Even after hoffing down a couple of bowls of sugary cereal, I woke up 2 kg lighter today. So that was a gross little bonus of a head start towards my goal.
Turning up: 35 minutes of I’m-pretty-sure-I-know-how-to-use-a-kettlebell-lady at the gym: +1.
Turning down: No cookie, no thanks, not with my Subway 6-inch tuna salad on wheat bread: +1.
Tenacity: An hour finding the CSIRO cookbook and deciding what our dinners would be this week: +1. Packing for the gym: +1. Fresh food shopping on the way home from the gym: +1.
Feat Count = 4 +5
= 9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment