It's New Years Day, and the rest of the world has slept in. They woke up at noon, hungover and hungry, and hogged into the leftover party snacks and some of the leftover xmas ham. They watched some cricket and got up off the sofa for a nice steak at dinnertime. Here at Casa Le-Fatt it has been a much longer day. I've concentrated on inventing this whole new persona, which has helped to keep my mind off all of the things I want to go out and buy, and eat. Today it's been all cereal, coffee and potato salad.
Feats of Denial: +1 for multiple instances of not eating the chocolates we didn't get through on holiday. I wanted the chocolate at least a dozen times (actually pretty much constantly), but I only got as far as picking it up and putting it down again uneaten once. I'll probably torture myself this way for the next couple of weeks, or until I bin the chocolate.
Re my interpretation of 'denial': yes there are people who have been hungry since they were fifteen, who haven't even purchased food that they know they shouldn't eat since they started working as pantyhose models - but the rest of the world (including me) might as well be told to stop breathing in and out if they're told that they couldn't ever eat anything awesome again. I like almost all food, and I'm going to keep eating almost everything - just a lot less shyte from now on. For example, tonight while watching Hornblower, I'm going to have a chocolate, and in this way, the chocolates will stop pinging my radar. If I eat no more than one, I get to keep my +1 Denial feat count today.
Feats of Determination: +1 for a late afternoon walk\run. Last year I learned how to run - I wouldn't have made it without a smartphone app of the 'C25K' (couch to 5 km) running program that for the first few attempts ran a bell when I'd run for thirty seconds then walked for ninety. I am able to run for the first time in my life - I couldn't even run when I was a skinny little spunkrat. It encouraged me to sign up for my first fun run (5 km, which took me 38 minutes - double the time of other people my age, but I was the fattest person there). I ran a full 5 km without stopping just once last year, and I'll do it again, and more often this year. Today I just ran\walked for 5km, up the big hill near our house.
It's important to note that yes it was pretty awesome of me to take up running last year, but I also took up eggs benedict for lunch twice a week. My body clearly rejected the idea of me looking hotter.
Feats of Duty: +2 for finding suitable clothing for the walk\run among the debris of wares unpacked from our holiday and for putting a potato salad together for lunch. Soon I'll talk about carbs, in the meantime: leave me alone about the potato. Tomorrow when there are shops open I'll get out and restock the house with perishables like fruit and vegetables. For now, that potato salad was a better lunch choice than to defrost a pie.
It's okay - it's a long-term plan, this plan.
It's okay - it's a long-term plan, this plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment